Dr.SonaliChaudhury, Consultant – Integrative Dermatology and Cosmetology, Smart Metabolic Anti-Aging Centre
Stress is the biggest bane of urban life. While we may advocated against it, even us, as doctors are unable to escape it completely. Unfortunately, there is while there no clear manifestation or remedy of stress, you cannot avoid it completely. But there are ways to handle it better.
- Don’t take it out on your skin!Being tired, upset, stressed or angry doesn’t mean that you need to take it out on yourself by skipping your daily skin or workout regime. No matter how late it is or how much work there is take out time to do a simple 3 step skin routine.
- Get regular exercise: Exercising regularly releasing endorphins in your body that are natural stress busters. Moreover, it improves the blood flow to all your muscles, rending a quiet glow to your skin.
- Get a hobby: Even if it’s for as little as 10 minutes a day, take time out for yourself to do something you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be Instagram worthy, as long as those 10 minutes make you smile.
- Take a walk: don’t sit in your chair tied to your laptop all day. Get up after every hour or so, walk a little, resume and kill it!
- Practice stress management techniques: like breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, or visual imagery.
- Sleep: They don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing. If you’re a woman, sleep for 8 hours a day, and if you are a man try to get at least 7 hours of sound sleep.
- Say NO: Set boundaries and get others to respect them, even your loved ones. It might feel strange at first but human beings are incredibly adaptive – those boundaries will start feeling natural in due course.
- Get talking: It doesn’t help to keep things bottled up, seek support from a friend or a professional therapist and get it off your chest. You’ll be surprised how many people are in the same boat!