Dr.SonaliChaudhury: Consultant – Integrative Dermatology and Cosmetology, Smart Metabolic Anti-Aging Centre
Berries taste great — and for your skin they do wonders. Packed with antioxidants, Vitamin C and other minerals, berries are the superfood of the skin. Including seasonal berries in your daily diet, can over time render that elusive picture perfect skin that we all love! Berries can act as a barrier for your skin to prevent it from the damaging effects of the sun. But each of them has a unique effect.
- Strawberries– Rich in vitamin C, these can be used to make excellent face masks to fight oily skin, as well as nourish and revitalize it. Strawberries are acidic in nature, and the acid helps remove the excess sebum from your skin. Their strong skin lightening effect and can help lighten blemishes and acne scars.
- Raspberries – Raspberries are the true skin warriors. Not only do they protect your skin from the sun but can also help prevent skin cancer!
- Lemons: Technically classed as a berry and enriched with antioxidants and vitamin C, lemons fight against throat infections, indigestion, constipation, and a whole bunch of other troubling health issues. Superficially, lemon juice can help remove wrinkles and blackheads.
- Cranberries: When it comes to female health, cranberry juice is a girl’s best friend. Its antiseptic and antimicrobial qualities prevent the formation of acne and pimples on the face. Cranberry juice also has anti-aging properties and consuming it on a daily basis can prevent the occurrence of wrinkles on the skin, making it look fresh and youthful.
- Blackberries – Packed with vitamin C, fiber, Vitamin K, Magnesium and others, just a cup of raw blackberries has half of your daily recommended value of Vitamin C! They can help boost brain and oral health.
- Blueberries–With more antioxidants than green tea and with the added benefits of Vitamin A, C, and E, these tiny treats can give you youthful looking skin and brighten up dull or sun-damaged skin.